Are you in search of the perfect winter escape? Then you should have no problem picturing yourself with your family and friends, skiing and riding the slopes at a wonderful ski getaway. The difficulty will probably be deciding on which destination to book, as your choices are highly varied.
Listed below are some things to consider when choosing a ski vacation destination:
– Size of ski hills – # of acres of skiable terrain, # of groomed trails, # of acres of glades, etc..
– Size and kinds of lodging offered – beautifully decorated condominiums, one, two and three bedroom chalets and suites, basic rooms in hotels and slope-side accommodations.
– Size and location of the “village” alongside the vacation resort. Distance to nearest community.
– Location and travel details – What is involved in traveling to the destination?
– Cost – Packages may include lift tickets and/or food coupons. Many resorts let young children to stay and ski for free.
– Reputation – Different ski and snowboard publications review ski resorts on a variety of variables.
– How plentiful and dependable the snowfall is in the region you are looking at.
– Level of quality and variety of available restaurants, shopping and other off-slope recreation.
– Family focused programs like: kids ski free, daycare and training programs.
– Comprehensiveness of vacation packages: ie. accommodations, lift passes, kids programs, indoor pool, and other things to do.
Finding a ski destination that offers ski hills and terrain that are compatible to the amount of experience of every member of your family or group is recommended. You should also pick one that offers a selection of other activities to ensure that everyone is happy and experiencing a great time through the entire duration of your vacation. Taking these elements into account will help ensure you enjoy an “amazing” ski or snowboarding getaway that will not be forgotten!