Military Usage Test For The Presidency

Citizen Smash has two excellent posts on how he will judge a future President (one, two). I particularly like the second one that qualifies the first. There is such a thing as the loyal opposition and it’s possible to be opposed to a particular war. You might consider it a strategic error, may be opposed to war in general or just opposed to a particular war. But Smash is right: when the bullets start flying a good American will support the troops, will wish them well and will wish them success.

One of the commanders in the run-up to the war told his troops that 71% of Americans supported the war; when the boots hit the ground the number jumps to 91%; as for the other 9%, piss on them. That pretty well sums up my view of it.

Via Hook and Blackfive.

No comments yet.

Leave a Comment